Thanks to the Cozy Cook on Pinterest for this Copycat Recipe from Longhorn Steakhouse! It’s a little bit fussy but worth the bother. I like them dipped in honey mustard sauce for extra zip. Plus, my kids love these. I hope you will, too!
3 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup ranch dressing, 3 Tbsp.Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. vinegar
4 skinless/boneless chicken breasts or pkg. of chicken tenders,
pounded to about 3/4″ thick, salt/pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, (for searing chicken)
1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl until well-combined and uniform in consistency.
2. Place chicken in a gallon freezer bag, remove the air, and seal it. Use a meat mallet to pound it to 3/4″ thick.
3. Remove chicken from bag and sprinkle each side with salt and pepper if desired.
4. Place the chicken in a new freezer bag with marinade. Seal out the air and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or overnight.
5. Heat 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Sear the chicken in the hot skillet on each side. Refrain from moving the chicken around as it sizzles. Reduce the heat to medium, cooking each side 3-5 minutes. Once each side is golden brown, and the middle is cooked, set chicken aside.
Parmesan Crust Ingredients:
3/4 cup parmesan, 3/4 cup provolone or mozzarella cheese,
6 Tbsp. Ranch dressing
2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 cup panko bread crumbs, 5 Tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat the oven to a low broil.
- Combine the chopped parmesan, Provolone, and Ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Microwave 30 seconds.
- Using the back of a fork, mash and stir the cheese mixture until it’s the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Microwave an additional 15 seconds, then spread this on the chicken pieces.
- Combine the panko with the garlic powder. Stir in the melted butter. (This allows the panko to brown, not burn.) Put this on top of the cheesy chicken and broil 2 minutes until the cheese is hot and melted.
- Watch closely to ensure it doesn’t burn. Remove from the oven and serve! Yummy!