February 10, 2021
Ten Reasons Why a Support Group Will Help You Heal from Betrayal
- 1. Helps you discover you are not alone, decreasing isolation and shame.
- 2. Creates connection with others, helping you to experience increased social networks and friendships, and establishes a sense of community.
- 3. Allows you to find your voice and provide a safe space to share your story. (Provides safety, empathy, validation, and support.)
- 4. Shares information and resources.
- 5. Empowers you. (You will learn to be assertive and set healthy boundaries.)
- 6. Helps you rediscover hope and points to the true source of hope, Jesus.
- 7. Provides increased self-awareness, gained insights
- 8. Provides a guided process for healing.
- 9. Helps provide coping skills and offers accountability.
- 10. Moves one from a victim identity into a survivor/overcomer. (You WILL breathe, laugh, trust, and hope, again!)